Tuesday, April 22, 2014

tamil new year

On Sunday April 13th Nik and I celebrated the Tamil new year!  We met at the University of Utah with a bunch of other people from Sri Lanka to celebrate.  I loved seeing everyone's traditional clothing.  A friend of Nik's even had some clothes for him to change into haha.


We started out playing a bunch of games outside.  Nik almost won the race where he was hopping inside of a bag.  It was a close finish!  Abby and I then did the egg toss.  We didn't do too good haha.  We ended up cracking the egg on the first throw and were out.  The rest of the people playing were so good...I don't know how they did it.


Nik and I participated in a yogurt game.  Nik had to eat yogurt that I was spooning into his mouth.  The hard part was that I was blind folded.  We would have won first place but the couple next to us was cheating.  Such a bummer!


We had some delicious food and then played lots more games.  It was such a fun day.  I had a great day celebrating the new year with Nik and all his friends and family!  Can't wait to celebrate again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment