Tuesday, July 8, 2014

ferguson canyon

Over the weekend my whole family and Nik went on a hike with Lucy.  We decided to go up Ferguson Canyon because it is pretty shady and next to a stream.  It was a nice hike even though we went when it was super hot outside.


I don't know why but I just love going on hikes with Lucy.  I think it's because it wears her out and then she isn't going crazy at home haha.  I really liked this hike because it had a nice view of the valley.  Nik and I will have to come back sometime to watch the sunset here!


It felt like we weren't in Utah anymore because there were so many trees.  It was so beautiful.  It was too late in the season so there was no water left in the creek.  I think it would be a lot of fun to go on this hike when there is water in the creek.


There were lots of people rock climbing when we got farther up the trail.  It was interesting to watch them.  All I can say is that they have a lot of skill!  I thought it looked pretty scary to rock climb...I don't know if I would do it haha.



It was such a beautiful day for a hike.  Nik and I had a lot of fun with my family and Lucy goose.  I have decided that I want to go on a hike at least every other week with Lucy. :)


There were a few little ponds of water leftover from the stream.  When we were going up the mountain Lucy just stepped in it to cool off a little bit.  On our way back down she saw the water again and went running over.  She then lay completely down and was just loving life in the cool water.


Thank you for being my hiking buddies Lucy and Nik.  You both are the best and make me laugh and so happy.  Here is to many more hikes this summer with my hiking buddies!


p.s. I took this sweet puppy on a walk on Sunday and she was so happy.  She couldn't even control her happiness!  Look at that smile full of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment