Friday, September 19, 2014

salt lake overlook

For labor day this year my family decided to go on a hike up millcreek canyon.  Nik and I came along for what we thought would be a short little hike.  We started our trek up the hill and soon realized it would be a pretty long hike haha.


A little more than halfway up the trail there were these people in front of us who were stopped and listening to something.  As we approached them I realized what the sound was - a rattle snake!  Nik and I just ran past them hoping to not see it or get bit haha.


When we were about to give up and turn around we finally reached the overlook.  You turn around the corner and there it is.  A gorgeous view of the mountains and valley.  I'm so glad we didn't give up and just turn around.


We took a short break at the top, taking in the view, resting, and taking some photos.  It was sad to see Lucy try to sit down because there were only big boulders so she would try to lay on the rocks.


We were all pretty exhausted on our way back down.  We stopped in the shade for a minute and Lucy just sat down in the dirt and then rolled over to her side.  She was exhausted and ready for a nap in the cool shade.


A little ways down we were in the same spot where we heard the rattle snake before.  We didn't hear anything so we thought it left and that we would be okay.  Nik and I were walking together and then we heard the rattle start again really close to us.  We started yelling and running.  It was one of the scariest moments of my life haha.


We got back down the mountain safely and had an excellent workout.  Man we were exhausted from that hike.  It was one of my favorite hikes I have been on with Nik and Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment