Thursday, October 16, 2014

career fair

Nik surprised me and came up to Rexburg last Tuesday.  He made it just in time for devotional so we went together.  It was a really good devotional and we ate hi-chew the whole time which just made it that much better haha.  Afterwards we headed to Nielsen's for lunch.  We sure were starving and it was delicious.


Earlier in the day I went to the resume cafe to have my resume reviewed.  While I was working on my homework Nik was kind enough to redo my resume so that I would be ready for the career fair.  I must say that he made it look super good!


We had some lovely dinners outside.  Nik made Jenna and I some chicken masala which was so delicious.  I also made us some homemade mac and cheese another night.  Man we are just becoming professional chefs over here.



On Wednesday there was this outdoor living thing on campus.  There was just a bunch of activities to do outside on campus.  Jenna had to go to it for one of her classes so Nik and I came with for a little bit.  We had fresh apple juice, went on rope swings, zip lines, hammocks, and so much more!  It was a lot of fun other than the hammock flipping over and Nik falling off of it.

 The career fair was on Thursday so Nik came with me and helped me talk to companies about internships and just become more comfortable.  I definitely couldn't have done it without him.  He helped me break out of my comfort zone and start to prepare for my future career.

After printing off some resumes we headed to information meetings for three companies.  We went to USAA, LDS church IT, and Interactive Intelligence.  Going to the information meetings got me excited to do an internship.  I started to feel more qualified too.


Friday morning I ended up getting an interview for web development with the church IT.  I went and the interview was just awful.  The guy asked me a programming question and for some reason I just could not remember how to do it for the life of me.  I talked with the guy and we decided that web development probably wasn't for me.  He then told me to go see if they had any project management interview slots open up.  Luckily one spot had just opened up so I signed up for a project management interview.

Let me just say that the project management interview went so well.  It was a thousand times better than the web development interview.  I felt really confident and qualified for the job.  I'm praying that I will get a call in the next few weeks saying that I got the internship!

Nik and I then relaxed and played ping pong for a while.  It was the most fun I have had in such a long time.  I'm so thankful that Nik came up to help me prepare for the career fair this week.  He is the biggest blessing in my life.  I love how he is always supporting me and helping me become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment