Sunday, June 7, 2015

engagements

Wednesday, May 27th we took our engagement photos!  We met the wonderful Kelli Dee Photography out at the Great Salt Lake marina.  It had been raining nonstop in Salt Lake for the last few weeks so we thought we might get rained out and would have to reschedule around the rain.  Lucky for us it was a beautiful night and just the perfect weather for a photo shoot.




I realized that Nik and I are actually more photogenic than I thought.  Back when Nik and I met almost four and a half years ago he never smiled for pictures.  When we took photos together he would never show his teeth and he always looked so serious haha.  It's a good thing I taught him how to smile!




I am in love with the photos that we took.  They were just the look that I was going for.  I had never been out to the Great Salt Lake before so Nik and I went out a few days before.  I thought it would be a good location but I wasn't completely sold on it.  After looking at the photos I am so glad we did them here.




We had a fun time switching our outfits and changing to a little different scenery.  For some reason I like the photos in the blue outfits more. :)  I think we just look good in blue haha.




I love the candid photos of Nik and I because it shows our personalities.  You can see how happy Nik is when he is laughing and having a good time.  We love being crazy with each other.




Some of the poses were so uncomfortable.  Such as laying on those rocks or sitting in the green grass and bushes.  You got to do crazy things for a good photo!  It will make it all worth it.




I know there are a ton of photos but we just love them all!  We are so happy with how they turned out.  They show our personalities and that makes them so much cuter and more meaningful.


Nik and I had a blast at the photo shoot.  Right at the end this huge wind storm came.  The wind was probably about 75 mph.  We could hardly stand up to make it back to the car and sand was blowing in our eyes.  There were white caps on the lake in a matter of seconds.  We were super lucky we had such good weather before the storm of all storms.  Oh, and you can't forget the famous pose Nik and I do on all of our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment