Tuesday, January 10, 2017

christmas 2016

This Christmas we woke up to a ton of snow, just like last Christmas!  I'm sad I didn't get a picture of all the snow!  We thought we'd have to walk to church because our car would get stuck in the snow but luckily we made it.  Murray is great at plowing their roads!  (Except State Street is always terrible :))
Nik and I kind of started a new tradition of opening our Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve around 1:30 in the morning (so it's technically Christmas haha).  We did it last year and we were so excited to give our gifts to each other this year and couldn't wait until the next morning.
It was fun to talk to both of our siblings who are on missions.  We got to talk to Mithu on Christmas Eve since he is in India and it is a little more than a 12 hour time difference so it was Christmas morning for him.  We then got to talk to Emily on Christmas.  It's always fun to hear from them on Christmas and to see their faces.  I'm sad I didn't get a picture of both of them!
I love doing a gift exchange with my siblings each year.  Nik had Andrew and I had Billy.  We both thought it was fun buying gifts and surprising them.  It's always so fun to spend Christmas with our families.  I loved visiting both of my grandma's on Christmas day!
Christmas really is the best time of the year.  It's such a great time to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for us.  I loved serving others this Christmas season and spreading His light.  I can't wait for Christmas next year and to spend it with Emily since she'll be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment