our story

It all started out our senior year of high school at Olympus.  I signed up for wildlife biology thinking that it would be an easy and interesting class.  About a week into the semester a cute boy with an accent transferred into the class.  I was really good at finding out people's names but I could never understand his name when the teacher said it.

The whole semester in the class we never talked to each other.  We sat on opposite sides of the classroom but I would smile at him and he would smile back.  We saw each other often in the hallway and his friends would always say that he likes me and wants to talk to me.  I would just laugh and keep walking.  I was hoping that he would come up and talk to me one day but he never did.  In January the class ended and I thought I would never see him again or get the chance to talk to him.

At mass change day we saw each other trying to switch our schedules around.  He said that he was about to come and talk to me but when he turned around I was gone.

I went down to Las Vegas with my family for my sister's soccer tournament.  I was on Facebook and through mutual friends I found him somehow.  I have no idea how but I finally knew his name!  I added him and we started messaging and talking 24/7.  When I got back to school we discovered that we had lifetime sports together!

Morp was coming up and Jenna said that I should ask Nik because he would always say hi to me in the hallways and smile at me.  After talking to his friends and trying to find out where he lived I asked him to morp.  I didn't really want to ask him because we didn't really know each other and I'm not a big fan of dances.

I picked him up for the dance and we went to dinner with a bunch of his friends at Zupas.  It was funny because I was the only white person eating dinner with 5 colored people.  People kept looking at us and I just thought it was funny.  The dance was fun but short.  We were supposed to dress up as nerds in case you couldn't tell haha.

From that moment on we were inseparable.  We spent all of class time together just talking and laughing.  He would walk me to my classes and wait for me outside when class was done.  I would go over to his house every day.  We would play basketball, soccer, go on walks, play speed, and just laugh.

We became the very best of friends.  I always looked forward to seeing him at school and at his house afterwards.  We went on many different dates.  I always remember having the most fun just around his apartment.  I loved seeing all the little kids run up to us and just having so much fun together.

March 18, 2011 - morp - our first date!

April 14, 2011 - his first time in the temple

May 21, 2011 - prom

June 2, 2011 - graduation

September 7, 2011 - she moved to Rexburg

November 25, 2011 - mission call

January 2, 2012 - left for mission in North Carolina

November 20, 2013 - returns from mission

February 14, 2015 - engaged!
July 21, 2015 - sealed for time and all eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment